Shindig Festival Coronavirus Statement

Shindig Festival Statement – 1st July 2020

Following weeks of meetings with the local authorities, our management team and external Health & Safety contractors, it is with heavy hearts that we are announcing the postponement of our September event.
This is clearly a big decision for us as a business, however we understand that this is the correct decision to take due to the current situation. We must act responsibly above any other decision, financial or not and will always put the health and safety of our Shindig Family first.
This is the hardest challenge we have faced. But it makes us even more determined to deliver the best event we can in 2021. We have spoken to all the acts with nearly everyone in for 2021 now. We will do an updated poster and event page in the coming weeks.
September tickets will automatically be transferred over to May 2021. If you can’t make it next year then of course you will be entitled to a refund. We would ask everyone to keep hold of your tickets. It will make all the difference to us. Less than 10% of you asked for refunds from May and we were overwhelmed with that. It really does show your support for what we do. So thank you and please let’s keep that going for 2021.
Refund request deadline is July 14th 2020

All ticket holders have been emailed.

See FAQs on our website HERE


Shindig Festival Statement – 27th March 2020

Shindig Festival will now be taking place on 24th – 27th September 2020 and we are incredibly excited to give you some good news that we all need right now – De La Soul will be joining us to celebrate their 30 years in the business. 

 They have been on the wish list since we started and we finally managed to align the stars for them to join us. We have also talked to long-time Shindig supporter Daddy G from legendary Bristol outfit Massive Attack and we are excited to announce he will also be finally making his Shindig debut this September. 

All ticket holders have been emailed.

See FAQs on our website HERE


Shindig Festival Statement – 20th March

“The greatness of a culture can be found in its festivals.”

As you can imagine, it’s been a crazy week. All our staff are now working remotely, juggling childcare and managing this situation which is changing daily. We are in regular contact with the local authorities, following their guidance and advice. 

We have agreed on a potential postponement date of 24-27th September 2020. The good news is we have spoken to the majority of the artists and they are all available for those dates. We have also managed to potentially secure an extra special headline act to join us in September. They have been on our wishlist since we started Shindig!

Don’t worry if you can’t make the September postponement date – your tickets will be valid for Shindig Festival 2021 instead. The dates for that will be 27-30th May 2021. We will also be offering a special incentive to those who take us up on this offer. More on that to follow.

TicketSellers & TicketLine will be in contact with all ticket holders by 6pm Friday 27th March to outline your options moving forward. Please wait for them to get in contact directly, they are the official agents for Shindig Festival and will be handling all your ticket enquiries.

In these difficult times, it is important to remember that one of the greatest assets of this country is its culture and music scene. Over the last decade, as we’ve built Shindig, we’ve always been inspired by the support we’ve received from our extended Shindig Family. These are testing times for everyone, but we will overcome this, together.

Understandably during the next few weeks, there will be delays responding to emails and social media messages. All we ask for is your understanding and patience at this time. 

Shindig HQ x





Shindig Coronavirus Statement – 16th March Update

Shindig Family – firstly we’d like to say thank you for your incredible support with our last post and for your understanding and loyalty to help ensure the future of the festival and enable us to produce the event that we all love and enjoy. It was so heartwarming to see. As you can imagine, we’ve been glued to the news, having meetings and assessing the dynamic situation which is changing by the hour.

We said in our last post that we would continue as normal with the planning of Shindig taking place in May until told otherwise. However, it would be silly of us not to take on board the information being circulated such as the likelihood of the peak being at the end of May, events being restricted and the growing concerns around Covid-19. It is our public and human duty to do what we can to reduce the spread of the virus and alas this may mean postponing. This is new territory for all of us across the whole industry so we wanted to be honest and upfront with everyone throughout this.

So with that all in mind, we have begun preparations to potentially move Shindig to September. It will still take place at Dillington House & Estate as planned. Tickets purchased for May will be valid for September, and if you can’t join us in September then they will be valid for our 2021’s event instead.

We cannot stress enough the safety and health of our Shindig family is paramount and this will guide all of our decisions moving forward. If we are allowed to proceed in May, we already have plans in place for extra hygiene and sanitation measures so you can party with peace of mind.

We will be as transparent as possible with what is going on here behind the scenes and do our best to keep you informed as things develop. Right now May 2020 is still ON, should it not be, we are GO for September 2020.

Finally, as you can imagine we are flat out with planning and preparations. So please refrain from messaging the page or emailing in with your questions and concerns. We will update everyone on here when we have more information.

Shindig HQ x