Shindig Festival 2019 will be taking place at Gilcombe Farm, Bruton, Somerset, BA10 0QE.
Sat Nav / Cars
Use the postcode BA10 0QE for Sat Navs. Google Maps shows Gilcombe Farm Shop – the site is across the road from this and will be signposted along the main road.
Please be conscious of the environment – car share as much as possible and help us to limit the impact on the local roads and site.
The nearest train station is Bruton and trains from Weymouth, Bristol and Bath run through there regularly. Check Great Western Railway or The Trainline websites for details on where to change if coming from further afield. Trains from London Paddington, it is easiest to change at Castle Cary and then it’s a 5 minute journey to Bruton Station.
We have arranged for a bus to do shuttle runs between Bruton Station and the Festival site. This will run regularly throughout the weekend and the bus will drop passengers off at the Main Drop Off Point at the entrance to the site. It is about 10 mins between the site and the station and we hope to run a bus every 30 minutes on Thursday to Monday. We will post more details about this closer to the event.
A taxi from Bath or Bristol will cost around £40 – £50. Uber may bring you out to the site but it would be advisable to contact any taxi firm first and pre-book to ensure there are no issues before you commence your trip.
Taxi Firm Recommendations:
- V Cars – Bath – 01225 464 646
- V Cars – Bristol – 0117 940 9000
There is no taxi rank at Bruton Station so please contact local firms in advance if you want to book a taxi from the station. Local firms below:
- Bruton & Mendip Taxis – 07984 465 864 – www.bruton-mendiptaxi.com
- Direct Taxis – 07597 400 559
- Chinnock Taxis – 07703 068 878 – www.chinnocktaxis.co.uk
Cycle to Shindig Festival
Shindig Festival has teamed up with Red Fox Cycling to gather a group that want to cycle from Bristol to the Shindig site on Thursday 23rd May. If this is something that stokes your spokes, then drop them a line.
Red Fox Cycling will:
- Create a route and guide you from start to finish along beautiful tow paths, through tunnels and scenic villages right the way to the main entrance of the site.
- Pit stop for lunch along the way.
- Provide drinks and snacks.
- Carry your bags and camping kit in a support vehicle.
- Store your bike for the duration of the festival (bring your own lock!)
Shindig will give you a free shower band so you can freshen up and dive straight into the festivities! For more information check out their site: https://www.redfoxcycling.co.uk/shindig